I presented 2 options for training.
- 2 Groups (k-6) and (7-17) Each Art teacher brings in their favorite lesson/project or media technique to demo and share. Notify teacher prior to work week for them to bring in 1 paper copy of the lesson or instructions and to bring necessary supplies for demo and practice. Lessons/Instructions are to be photocopied during session so everyone has a copy of the lesson to take back to their school.
Option 2 - Printmaking and image transfer techniques and projects
- For this session I will demonstrate how to do a variety of image transfer techniques and how to incorporate them in to larger art projects. I will also demonstrate different printmaking techniques with a focus color mixing and value variations that can be done without a printing press.
1. Drop a hand full of rubber bands on to the paper. Draw the negative space created by the overlapping bands and their shaddows.
2. Demo how to use the wet erase markers
3. trace the pencil lines drawn with the markers and use water to spread the color and add design.
4. The negative space now becomes the positive space.
1. Exploring positive/negative space, line designs, abstraction,
2. Exploration in making something complex from something simple
3. Exploring the power of chance in the creation of art.