Monday, July 30, 2012

Swim now... breath later

Swim now... Breath later is a saying I heard often from my father when I was competing in swim meets as a child and teen.  It seemed I always slowed down when I breathed so .... Keep your head in the water and push through was what I learned. His statement is one that I have repeated to myself throughout my graduate school years. Yet, it is amazing how fast two years can by 
when you when you have your eye fixed on the finish line.

I haven't blogged in awhile because I was swimming. Now I get to breath for a little bit before I dive back into planning for this next school year. It's time to catch up with friends who have been so patient while I was focused on school and times to play more with the kids. For 6 months now I've said.....August,,just Waite until August and you will have mommy back full time.

This weekend my daughter received a tissue paper flower making kit from a friend of mine. We have been making so many flowers that the living room was bursting with color. When I asked her what she was going to do with them all she said "give them away to people". So Sunday night we went to the county library and made a new flower garden, complete with a sign telling people to take one home. I think we'll go back by tonight to see if anyone did. I thought it was a nice gesture to spread some beauty to unsuspecting citizens. I hope the library saw it that way too and not as " littering"



1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Arts and Education

    ReplyDelete